Friday, August 29, 2008

last day and first day

I think Michael had a pretty enjoyable summer break. Okay, I'll admit...it was probably more enjoyable for me because I was laid off and actually got to enjoy the summer too (in between all the job searching, that is). Since I was home, we also didn't have to hire anyone to help watch Michael. Michael got to do more adventures this way too.

Scooter and I made one last trip to the beach on the very last day of summer break.

The lake had lots of little waves rolling in to shore which made Michael a very happy boy.

We parked ourselves on the beach next to a pre-built sand castle and moat, which Michael had no problem with climbing around on and destroying.
Whew, we barely made it back in time for the open house at school that night.


The first day of school was a little cool and overcast. But most of all it was EARLY. No more sleeping in and lazy mornings...and it was hard on both of us. Was it weird that I could hardly sleep the night before school and kept waking up thinking I missed the alarm?? Aaaawww mom....can't I just go back to bed?? This is about all the excitement I can give you right now, cuz I'm tired.

The morning, and the day, went off without a hitch (just a little boo-boo on his elbow from a fall on the playground).

I think he enjoyed these first few days of school. He has visited with all of his classmates and friends, and he is meeting new people. Very good for his socialization...and all without tears so far. Yea!
It was pretty reassuring to see him sign "happy" before he got on the bus Friday morning. And the way he excitedly jumps down the bus stairs to get a big hug from me when he gets home....good stuff.

In case you were wondering, I am enjoying these first few days of school too. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea! I'm happy for both of you. -K