Not much to say to describe these pics, except that Michael would play and play and play here for hours at a time. Except for this day (it's a video, so go down to the bottom and turn the music off):
He even conned grandpa into taking him to the beach.
Peter Pan's flight wasn't too bad...there was no ear covering, but no real excitement either. So we're not off to a good start. That would be strikes two and three for the boy. Oh dear, maybe bringing him to Disney wasn't such a good idea after all.
Hmmm, let's see what other rides did we try? Stitch's Great Escape...too much screaming. The carousel was just okay.
But G did get a head squeeze and a smile from him.

Then we took him on Space Mountain.
I started to doubt our decision when I realized that we couldn't sit right next to him. Carole wouldn't even ride it - no way Jose.

Me: Gary do you think he'll know to keep holding on? Make sure they push down the seat bar tight onto his lap so he doesn't fall out. Oh dear, oh dear.
Gary: I think he'll be fine. I'm able to reach around and hold onto his shoulders if I have to. We really can't change our minds now, we're locked in. He'll be fine.
Okay, here we go (see Michael waving goodbye??). The ride starts through the dark tunnel....it's pitch black and I can't see my baby. Is he holding on?? Our spaceshuttle car is eerily quiet throughout the entire 2-3 minute ride. He didn't fall out (whew - a very, very good thing), but did he like it?? The ride comes to a stop and as the lap bars rise up, we hear clapping and a WOOOO-HOOOO, YEEAAA!!
Oh. My. God. It's Michael doing the cheering!!! Turns out he didn't care for the other rides, not because of the crowds or noise or kids, it's because they weren't FAST ENOUGH. People waiting to get on the ride were smiling and sharing in his enjoyment. He even begged us by signing "more, please; more, please" as we left Space Mountain. The boy is a speed freak!! Well doesn't that change everything?!
The next rides were Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Splash Mountain. We talked Carole into riding both of those. I thought Carole was going to pass out from screaming so much on Big Thunder Mountain....but when we got off; she said "Oh, I guess that wasn't so bad. I might even be able to ride it again...but not right now."
Splash Mountain was a fun ride too, especially for Michael, because it combined the steep downhill plunge with getting splashed with a ton of water. As your log starts to go down the drop, they take your picture which you can purchase after the ride is over (we didn't buy ours though...didn't want to pay $20 for a 4x6 picture). Our picture was H I L A R I O U S! The picture shows Gary and Michael sitting in the front seats, with Carole and I sitting directly behind them. Carole and I are holding on to the bar with the tightest of grips, arms extended, hair flying, eyes squeezed shut, our teeth clenched in terror. Gary wasn't as bad as us, but he was at least holding on with both hands. Which is more than I can say for Michael. The boy was only holding on with one hand, looking around at the view with the most serene, happy smile on his face...all while dropping - no, more like plunging - down 5 stories into a gigantic splash. Needless to say, he really liked Splash Mountain.
I'm sorry I have no pictures of the crazy rides to share with you. I was too busy holding on for dear life.
We rode every ride we thought he'd like and we stayed until the lights came on.

Michael was a hot and tired little boy, so he relaxed with ggma after lunch.
Michael signing "I love you" to great-grandma. Aawwww.


So long until next time!
2 comments:
What is this a picture of? It looks like a Gremlin.
K, that's an otter, or that's what they told me anyway. :)
Post a Comment