Sunday, March 1, 2009

symphony of destruction

We're redoing our bathroom. Completely spur of the moment kind of thing though - totally unplanned. It all started innocent enough with a leaky shower faucet/handle.
We didn't want to do it ourselves because you have to change the faucet/handle out by cutting a hole in the wall behind the shower. The only problem is that the wall behind the shower handle is split into two sections: our bathroom linen closet and our master bedroom closet....which means two strategic holes, some saudering, pipe cutting, patching the holes, etc.. Long story short, we got a couple of estimates and the leaky shower was fixed yesterday. Yea! Good thing we had it fixed when we did, because it turns out the valve assembly was a little corroded. That means it was starting to leak between the walls and we would've had a much larger repair on our hands down the road.


I bet you're wondering how our simple faucet repair (I can say "simple" when someone else did it for us) turned into a complete redo. Well, while we were walking around Lowe's and Home Depot shopping for new shower fixtures, we found a really good deal on bathroom lighting for all 3 bathrooms. Then on a subsequent trip, we see a huge deal on tile flooring. Heck, we might as well throw in a new shower door too. And what about the grout? We should regrout - I can do that myself. It'll be fabulous! That's a whole other story, the regrouting thing. I don't have a job and I have time during the day...and it saved us a lot of money to do it ourselves...but never again!

While the shower repair was going on yesterday, we noticed that our kitchen sink sprayer was slowly leaking into the cabinet below. So now the state of disaster in the bathroom expanded into the kitchen. Luckily, the kitchen leak was easily fixed by Gary.



You'd think that I would've had the dishes done before we had to shut the main water off for the house, but I was tired and I had grout issues and the leaking stuff took priority.


Hey, I'm just keepin' it real...it's how I roll.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey why don't yo come do mine?????
while your at it how about a new paint job????
Having fun yet? kath

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to take a shower in it!