Needless to say, I'm too busy to fix elaborate meals for dinner...heck or ANY meals for that matter (can you say "carry-out" please?). I did manage to make this very easy and filling dinner the other night. Gary's mom always fixes beef-n-noodles for our Christmas Eve gathering (as well as lots and lots and lots of other yummy things!).
BEEF-N-NOODLES

1# beef (either from a roast or stew meat)
4 c. beef broth
1 large bag of broad, curly noodles
salt and pepper to taste
water, if needed
beef bouillon cube(s), if needed
[ directions ]
Brown the stew meat/beef to give it a bit of sear and then put it in a stock pot with the beef broth. Simmer until meat falls apart. Take meat out and shred, and then add back to the broth. Heat to a boil, add noodles (may have to add a teeny bit of water, maybe a beef bouillon cube or two for more beefy flavor) and cook until noodles are done. Season with salt and pepper to taste. That’s it!
You could also prepare this in a crockpot. When I use the crockpot, I don’t brown/sear the beef because I usually put the beef in the crockpot frozen. Great served with crusty bread and a salad.
PS: HAPPY BIRTHDAY GABBY!! We love and miss you...can't wait to see you in Florida!
1 comment:
welcome back girlfriend!!!!
I make this all the time for my "meat-n-potato man" Hope you are feeling better!!! kath
Post a Comment