I'll do some more bullets to catch the blog up through winter:
- Skiing: Michael + snow + speed + outside = LOVE.
- Painting: in-laws basement (done).
- Painting: our kitchen, living room, stairs/hall, and family room (starting in a week or two).
- Tiling: our new kitchen backsplash (working on it at this moment).
- Photography business: blog, website, portfolio building, lots of schtuff going on in this area (on-going).
- Conductive Education: special Hungarian therapy for Michael (on-going...except on hold now because of a knee injury).
- Playing: Michael playing and enjoying his company.
- School: Michael not doing well in school, plus lots of disappointing things in this area.
- Laundry: my never-ending nemesis.
- Birthday: planning a little Toy Story birthday party for Michael (in about 3 weeks).
- Doctors: see below. In addition, we're also taking Michael to a specialist at Cincinnati Children's for a 2nd opinion about his knee (it dislocates when his leg is straight) and spine (tethered spinal cord) and scoliosis and possible bone deformities throughout (also in 3 weeks).
Other news and goings on around here.
*****************************
Just after Valentine's Day, Michael had a seizure at 9pm while eating yogurt and it aspirated into his lungs. We called 911 and got him to the ER. He was released from the hospital at midnight, only for Michael to have a 2nd seizure and stop breathing for 20-30 seconds around 3am (as you can imagine - it was THE scariest thing EVER and we've had some scary stuff here!). Called 911 again and the squad took us back to hospital, then Children's Hospital picked him up from Memorial Hospital and transported Michael to Children's in Columbus (Memorial Hosp is about 45 mins away from Children's). Children's admitted him while he fought aspiration pneumonia. He received antibiotics by IV and stayed in the hospital for 5 days.
He's finished with antibiotics and we did a follow up xray 2 weeks ago to make sure the aspiration pneumonia is gone (all CLEAR!). He's acting fine and we're starting to get back into our "normal" routine (whatever the heck that is!!).
He's definitely more resilient than us...that's for sure! :)
******************************
So 3 days after Michael is home from the hospital, I'm changing a poopy diaper and notice that part of his poop looked weird, so I took a closer look (eewww completely gross, I know). But what the heck? Is that... a worm? OMG! It's not a worm...it's....it's....a BABY WIPE! Are you kidding me?!? He pooped out a 5" long piece of baby wipe! The previous night I had changed his diaper and he grabbed a wipe from the container. Not a big deal....he's a "shredder", he likes to shred wipes, tissues, paper, whatever. But lately, he has been chewing on his shirt collar and the corners of pillows. He never, never, ever puts smaller things in his mouth...like food or toys. So I totally didn't think about the baby wipe thing. This so could've turned out awful: like choking on it or having a bowel obstruction. Guess he's in a chewy pre-toddler stage now. We have been warned!
******************************
Okay, I don't mean to carry on and on about poop, but 2 days after he turned into a wipe dispenser, I was on the phone with someone, maybe my dad, and I smell Michael "making me a present". I tell my dad I have to hang up, that I have to change Michael's diaper. I go downstairs to find that I don't have to change his diaper after all. That's because Michael pulled down his pants AND his diaper before doing his business on the family room floor. NOOooooo!!!! Oh yes. he. did.
******************************

4 comments:
Oh Val!!! The baby wipe story still leaves me with tears rolling down my face!!! :-)
You are the best mother EVER!!!!! all I have to do when I am feeling sorry for myself is read you blog!!!! I love you!!!!! and yes the baby wipe story rang true to me... only it was a nickel that I found while changing a diaper!!!(one of millions) take care of yourself!!!! we need a girls night out..Kathie
You are the best mom and sister ever. Love you!!! -Keni
Aaawww, thanks girls. I heart you too!
Post a Comment