Monday, March 21, 2011

shoot the moon

I love stargazing and watching rare astrological events.  Very often, you'll find me sitting outside at night waiting for meteor showers or comets or just enjoying the night sky.  I may or may not have a little adult beverage at my side too, especially during those warm summer nights after the boy is in bed.  Before Michael was born, I even talked Gary into going for a drive out into the country to get away from the suburban street lights so we could see the action in the sky even better.

This weekend was a rare "perigee moon" aka Super Moon, so I got out my tripod and remote control in an attempt to "shoot the moon".

Not bad, I guess.  Was definitely wishing for a super zoom lens so I wouldn't have to crop it a ton and end up with lots of grain, but we can't have everything.  Still an enjoyable evening, not too cold out and I had fun playing with my camera.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice shot! There was actually a break in the clouds and we got to see it too! -Keni

Anonymous said...

AMAZING!