Sunday, November 1, 2009

trick-or-treat....smell my feet

...give me something good to eat.

We actually had some goblins say that to us last night. We didn't have the usual flood of kiddos we normally have. We have 5 bags of candy left over. On a normal Halloween night, all or at least close to all 9 bags of candy would be GONE. So definitely, not as many kids last night. Perhaps because of the cold?? I think I drank 3 cups of hot chocolate while we passed out candy...if anything, just to wrap my cold fingers around the hot mug.

We got Michael dressed in his fisherman costume and I took him to three of the neighbors' houses before trick-or-treat started (we have such understanding neighbors). He really only wanted to stop at one house (Sharon's) and then got an attitude at the other two houses...signing "all done, all done" and trying to stomp his way back home. He doesn't eat candy, so this is one "holiday" he could really care less about.
We had him sit outside with us for a little while and entertained him with the bowl of candy. Like I said, he's not excited about the actual candy part, but he found a little treat that had a picture of Buzz and Woody on it, so he was excited about that. Then he signed "all done, please, go". So G took him inside and put on a movie (Shrek) while we finished passing out the candy.
It seems to be customary for the firetrucks, medics, and police to cruise the neighborhoods and pass out candy. Our neighbor across the street from us is a firefighter and he was on duty last night, so he made sure to hit up our street. :)

We brought Michael outside to visit with Jerry and "his" truck. It was so dark out by then that when I took their picture, I couldn't tell that Michael had blinked. boooo. Not to fear though, we have a few other pictures of M and firetrucks courtesy of Grandma Kita and her firefighting/paramedic days.Michael's pumpkin he painted at school and a couple gourds he picked out.
We hope you had a great Halloween! G's off golfing this morning (after a frost delay)...he's trying to enjoy the nice weather as much as he can before he's trapped indoors (which to me, that means it's almost scrapbook season-yippeee!!).
This year seems to be flying by - I can't believe it's NOVEMBER already!

No comments: