Summer is hot and humid. That means lots of cooking on the grill and less cooking inside. This summer dish, from my wonderful m-i-l Carole, is one of my favorites. It's a classic that's cool and tasty!
CAROLE’S MACARONI SALAD
8 oz macaroni noodles, cooked and drained
4 hardboiled eggs, diced
½ cup sweet relish
3 celery stalks, diced
2-3 green onions, sliced (to your desired taste-I used 3), plus a little extra for garnish, if desired (I happen to like onions and picked them fresh from my garden)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, optional (I didn’t use)
2 cups Hellman’s mayo
1/8 cup mustard
1/8 cup sugar
1 TBSP vinegar (I used white wine vinegar)
DIRECTIONS:
In a large bowl, mix together: macaroni, diced eggs, sweet relish, diced celery, and sliced green onions. In a smaller bowl, mix together: mayo, mustard, sugar and vinegar. Then, combine the sauce with the macaroni mixture. That’s it! It can be served immediately, but it’s even better if it refrigerated overnight.
Tastes especially good with G's favorite ribs...recipe coming soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment