Tuesday, February 3, 2009

snow time

I'm behind on blogging because of our computer breakdown, so I'm hoping to get a buttload of pics on here over the next couple of days to catch up.

Before it dropped to such frigid temps a couple weeks ago, we received a few inches of snow (about 8" or so) and we had to take the boy out to play....mostly because he was begging us. He kept signing "please, go" and "open" the door. He even handed us one of his snow boots. Much to his delight, we finally got the hint.

So we got Michael dressed in all his winter gear while he patiently cooperated (not!) and headed outside to let him hop around. And that's exactly what he did: he hopped all over the yard while Arty ran circles around him chasing his frisbee and the neighbor's new dog (doggie playdates anyone?).

The snow was still coming down...

Michael didn't seem to enjoy his sled rides as much as he did last year....guess we didn't pull him fast enough. All he really wanted to do was hop around and explore and cover himself up with the snow.He even tried to eat some of the snow off of his mittens...a first for him to do that willingly.

He could've played in the snow all day, but WE were done after 2 long hours. Here he is trying to escape me when I said it was time to go inside.


I love this one ("I want to hug you Daddy...and while you're at it, you can pick me up too").

It was nice coming out of hibernation to play and visit with the neighbors, even if it was for a short while.

No comments: