Monday, January 12, 2009

oh happy day

Friday was Gary's birthday. Yippy for G!!

Gary's mom makes each of her kids a birthday meal and this year Gary asked for ribs. So while Gary was at work Friday, Carole made ribs, baked potatoes, broccoli casserole and garlic bread. All I had to do was make the cake, because Carole is awesome like that...and she knows what kind of cook I am - hahaha! The cake was german chocolate....one of his faves.

Okay, this would be a pretty good picture, except for the lens flare from the candle on G's chin. No matter where I moved to take the pic, the little glow was in every shot. That's something I'll have to figure out.

Does anyone know how to make flare go away? Maybe I should have turned on more lights?? I wanted it dark so I could practice low light shots with my new 50mm lens. Hey, maybe I should just have him blow out the candle? There, now it's gone. But now the picture is too dark.

I think he enjoyed the food, festivities and everyone's company. Here's to many more birthdays yet to come. Oh happy days.

No comments: