That day, I was visiting her to work out some details about a charity auction I was working on with The Care Train of Union County, but it turned into a behind-the-scenes tour for us...as usual. Waaaay cool! Suzi also hosted my wedding shower and baby shower at the zoo (way back when)...which was so unique, so amazing and SO FUN!
Our visit started off when Suzi asked if we wanted to see the two baby cheetahs. Ummm, that would be a YES PLEASE! They were only 24 days old when we saw them - so CUTE! It was feeding time when we arrived (that's my aunt on the right).
After they were fed, we were able to hold them (OMG, OMG)!
Michael up close with a baby cheetah and leaning in for a kiss.
Carole getting some soft snuggles...

Aaaawwww...

Hard to believe these little babies grow up to look like this (below). The big cheetahs were very interested in Michael...as a snack...really. Michael didn't even notice - he was glued to the movie on his iPod.
Then her staff brought out a snow leopard for us to check out and pet...but only for a short while because it was getting a little rambunctious and unpredictable (they can jump and they are quick!)
Check out the size of its paws...and notice flattened (I'm done with this) ears.
We saw lots of other animals too (a fennec fox, a dingo, a sloth)---I completely forget the names of some of them. This first one is a clouded leopard.



This is an albino boa constrictor.


What a great time (as always, thanks Suzi-love you tons)! I'm so glad that we live so close to such a fabulous zoo. Make sure you get to the zoo for the Wildlights before January 3rd...it's amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment