When I need to feed a large gathering for breakfast, I usually make this warm, hearty dish. A good 'ole breakfast casserole.
INGREDIENTS
1 pound pork sausage
1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent roll dough
8 eggs, beaten
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Place sausage in a large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Line the bottom of the greased baking dish with crescent roll dough, and sprinkle with crumbled sausage. In a large bowl, mix beaten eggs, mozzarella, and cheddar. Season the mixture with oregano and pour over the sausage and crescent rolls. Bake 45-50 minutes in the preheated oven or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Oh, you could also mix in any kind of veggies or leftovers, creating a shepard's pie kind of breakfast casserole. The possibilities are endless!
I'm sure most of you have a favorite breakfast you prepare for the fam...please feel free to share the recipe. I'd love to add something more to my arsenal!
No comments:
Post a Comment