Saturday, April 9, 2011

birthday boy

Eleven years ago today, the most beautiful little boy came into our lives and is bringing us complete joy and laughter, along with the biggest, sweetest hugs ever!

Because he still enjoys Toy Story, we went with TS for his birthday theme: plates, napkins, games to play and goodies for the kids. 

I even went so far as to make little alien cupcakes....which turned out laughably pathetic (not surprising since I have a 50% success rate on homemade birthday treats).  Not exactly what I was going for, but at least the kids seemed to like them.  Except Michael.  He liked the Buzz & Woody plates better.  :)  
My homemade alien cupcakes vs. disney family.go alien cupcakes...can you tell which is which??  hahaha!!
At his school party, we played Toy Story bingo and Michael won (legitimately too)!

Then Michael hung out with his dear friend Rebekah ("hey Michael's mom, take my picture").  At the end of the day, she helped him get his coat on, hood on and zipped up.  She even made sure he was buckled in his chair.  These two are so cute together....lots of hugging and we even caught them trying to kiss (Michael kisses with his forehead, so we figure it's all good, right?).

This was his last birthday party at school.  He is scheduled to move on to intermediate school (5th/6th grade school) next year.  I'm thinking they don't have a lot of moms and dads doing the school birthday thing at that age.  As if.  {insert preteen eye roll here}

No comments: