I need to vent a little bit because yesterday was just a completely off day. I thought that if I shared my day with you, it might help me feel better (or at least help you feel better about your day). It was pajama day at school and Michael was dressed in his favorite Buzz Lightyear pj's, but 5 minutes before the bus came, he peed through his diaper (little item #1). So I did a quick change to just regular pj's of boxer shorts and an undershirt (I thought it would be too warm to wear his flannel lounge pants). He seemed very excited and was acting so silly wearing pj's to school. :) Happy boy!
I had to pick M up early from school to take him to a doctor's appointment and when we were leaving school, I heard that there were some comments about him not being dressed appropriately, that I sent him to school in his underwear (little item #2). Are you kidding me? So now I'm feeling awful because I know that I wouldn't purposefully send him to school in just underwear, how could they think that? To me, his diaper would be considered underwear and the boxers would simply be pajama bottoms/shorts. But whatever. Not really a big deal, but that just annoyed me.
On the way to the appointment, Michael dropped a deuce not even 15 minutes into our 45 minute ride to the hospital (little item #3...or should this be listed as big #2?? haha!). Oh, dear Lord the smell...I found myself trying to position the car behind big ol' work trucks just so the smell of exhaust would mask the other smell. I had to change M in the back of my SUV in the parking lot of the hospital, which sounds like an awful thing to do, but it SO much better than lying him down on the bathroom floor (eeeww, that's nasty) because he's way too tall for the little fold out baby changing tables.
We check in for his 3:30 appointment and wait. And wait. And wait. At 4:00pm, they finally put us in a room to wait. And wait. And...you guessed it, wait some more (little item # 4). At 4:30, we are taken for his x-rays (scoliosis checkup) and as soon as we step into the room, Michael's nose starts bleeding. OMG, he does not do well with this situation AT ALL (little item #5). I'm trying to pinch his nose to stop the bleeding, which is now all over him, me, the xray table, the floor, etc. The x-ray technician is kind of freaking out, asking ME what she should do...well some tissues would be a great help (duh!). It takes a little while to get it to stop bleeding (which is kind of normal for him), but x-ray tech girl pages for a nurse because it seems like way too much blood to her. By the time the nurse gets to the room, the bloody nose has stopped and the nurse doesn't seem too concerned, but is empathetic and helpful with getting wet towels for the clean up. By now though, poor M is just sobbing over the whole thing and can't/won't hold still for the x-rays. It takes 2 of us to hold him in position and he fights us because he is just so DONE. We finally get 2 good pictures and head back to the little room around 5:00pm....to wait for the doctor. While waiting, M's allergies really start to aggravate his eyes and they turn redder and swell (little item #6).
We've been waiting for so long and I have run out of things to keep him entertained, but he takes an interest in an I Spy picture hanging low on the office wall. I squat down in front of the picture and he sits on one of my legs so we can look at the picture together, all snuggly. He's finally smiling and laughing, but he gets too excited with his legs, bouncing and kicking, and pushes too hard against the wall which causes me to lose my balance and fall backwards. I try to take the brunt of the fall and cocoon him, but he ended up with a little bruise on his elbow (little item #7). He was more scared than hurt, thank goodness, and didn't cry at all.
So by the time the doctor gets to us at 5:45pm (little item #8, okay that's not a little item for me, that's a BIG item--over 2 hrs waiting for a scheduled appointment?!? It's not like he's an OB or anything). Anyway, the doctor walks in to see M wearing his pj's (or underwear, depending on your point of view), covered in blood, with red swollen eyes, a bruise on his elbow and irritated as all get out because on top of all that's gone on, it's also close to dinner time. Then there's me (the responsible adult) also covered in blood, a bruise on my elbow and knot on the back of my head, and wild looking hair that probably matched the crazy in my eyes. I'm definitely going for Mother of the Year....I'm surprised they didn't call CPS. This appointment for 2 simple x-rays took 2-1/2 freakin' hours! Not counting the 45 minutes travel time there and back.
Today wasn't much better because we were at a funeral for a dear, dear family member. Then, when Michael got off the bus this afternoon, he had a seizure. Seizures make him sleep, which means he just a seizure nap and will be up until the wee hours of the morning (1:00am this time). But tomorrow's gonna be great, I just know it! I mean, it has to be better, right? You've had these kind of days too, haven't you? Please tell me I'm not alone!
If you're still here, thanks for reading all the way to the end. And thanks for letting me vent....I really do feel better now. You're the best listeners ever! :)
2 comments:
My life has been that way!!!!!
Happy late mothers day! You are the best mom!!! Kath
I'm sorry about your horrible day. I love you very much and wish I could be there to give you una dieta and a hug.
Post a Comment