Friday, March 26, 2010

I'm a winner...kinda sort of...but not really

I submitted a photograph for a little contest that Canon had back in January.  I received an email a few weeks ago that my photo was one of the 9 first place winners (1 grand prize and 9 first places)!  How cool is THAT?!?!

I'd guesstimate that it was a prize package worth about $600 that included a Canon Inkjet Office All-In-One wireless printer, as well as a Canon PowerShot A495 point and shoot camera, a beautiful leather carry-on/laptop bag (it has that wonderful new leather smell, mmmm) and a few other goodies.

The two large prize boxes arrived a couple of days ago and I was beyond excited about all the loot.


Before you leave a congratulatory comment or pat me on the back for having such great photography skills, I should mention that the contest wasn't really based on skills.  It was based on what was depicted in the photo.  You see, it was a contest for having the most unorganized home office.  Talk about being humiliated and embarrassed.  At least it was the first time I could tell my husband that being unorganized paid off for once, right?

Oh yeah - the other goodies that were included?  A new Franklin Planner portfolio and 2010 refill packages, along with 4 organizing books.  I am full of hope (or full of something) that I will have a wonderful "after" picture to show you.  But for now, here is the prize-winning "before" picture.  Please don't judge.


In the meantime, I'll be selling all my crap precious goods on eBay.

3 comments:

jenny said...

haaaha - this is awesome! i feel your pain with the disorganization. but what a sweet prize pack! it did pay off this time. :) enjoy your goodies and good luck with organizing! :)

Juli P said...

How did I miss this? that's so awesome! Wish I'd known about the contest. I'm pretty sure that our office could have been a finalist as well!
Anyhow, I'll wait to see an AFTER photo??

Val said...

I'm not quite ready to have an after photo (that's a LOT of crap to go through), but once I get to that point, I'll definitely share. In the meantime, I really am selling a lot on eBay...I've almost made enough to cover my CS4/CS5 photoshop purchase-yahoo!! :)