Tuesday, May 5, 2009

cinco de mayo smothered enchiladas

Taking a look at all the past recipes I've posted on here, I noticed that we eat a lot of Mexican food. We're really big on flavors and seasonings here!

Need something quick, yet different? Why not try this very easy and filling meal? It's what we had tonight for Cinco de Mayo (just missing a little Sol).

[ SMOTHERED ENCHILADAS ]

2 lbs. ground beef
1 (1 ¼ oz) pkg mild taco seasoning
1 (4.5 oz) can chopped green chiles
2 (10 ¾ oz) can cream of chicken soup
1 (16 oz) sour cream
8 (8”) flour tortillas
2 cups (8 oz) shredded cheddar cheese

GARNISHES
salsa
sour crean
green onion
chopped cilantro (I don’t use this because I don’t like it)


Brown ground beef in large skillet, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and half of green chiles, set aside.

Stir together remaining green chiles, soup and sour cream. Pour half of mixture into a lightly grease 13 x 9 baking dish. Spoon beef mixture even down centers of tortillas; sprinkle some cheese and roll up. Place seam side down over soup mixture in dish; top with remaining soup mixture and cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Serves 8...or 4 really hungry adults!


This was a yummy recipe from our neighbor (thanks Denise!). :)

No comments: