Saturday, April 18, 2009

destruction #1 - complete!

Holy cow, it's been almost a month since I last posted (did you miss me??)...but we've been crazy busy around here. Today is no exception!

I wanted to get some before and after pictures on here of our master bathroom remodel.

Here's what it looked like before:
It wasn't bad, but it's had the same look for almost 14 years now so we were ready to change it up.


And, ta-da, here's the after:
It feels so good to have it all done and I think it turned out pretty good. As you can see, our bathroom isn't some big, spa retreat or anything like that...just your normal master bath: toilet, shower, double sinks. But it feels kinda spa-like and relaxing to me now though and that's all that matters. :)



This is our laundry list of things completed:

  • new shower door
  • new shower faucet/head (shower jewelry, if you will)
  • regrouted shower
  • installed ceramic tile
  • made and installed frame around mirror
  • installed new lighting
  • painted
  • caulked

I still want to decorate a little more, hang a picture or two, maybe get a cool vase for between the sinks, but for the most part it's done. We definitely earned our vacation to Florida after that. Whew, it was a lot of work!


And because we're obviously insane, we've started the destruction on our downstairs bathroom.

No comments: