Wednesday, November 19, 2008

where have I been?

I'll give you three guesses where I've been:

1. Some far-away exotic vacation, complete with massages every day, delicious food and generous beverages, and beautiful scenery.

2. In line to claim a gigantic winning lottery ticket.

3. Under mountains of dirty, icky laundry caused by one little boy that has had (and still has) a stomach virus for almost 2 weeks now, that the doctor has said we "just have to ride it out". Let alone being buried by all of the other things that need to get done, that are NOT getting done because this little boy is home sick and is very cuddly (and at times, that equals needy); and also having 2 wonderful online classes that I registered for much earlier that are going on right now.

I would SO opt for number 1 or 2 right now. Number 1 and 2 combined would be even better! I mean, who wouldn't want an exotic vacation or millions of dollars. :) Unfortunately, it's number 3.

Oh, and the icing on the cake is that Gary is having symptoms similar to his stroke last October, so we've been calling doctors and arranging for tests to figure out what's going on, how do we fix it, etc. That is the biggest concern right now.

There's always good news and bad news in life, for example:
  • BAD-I got laid off; GOOD-I am available to take care of Michael when he's sick (what employer would've let me take 2 WEEKS off for what he has right now?)
  • BAD-our 14 year old washing maching broke; GOOD-we bought a brand new one with a Sanitary Cycle that is seriously being put to the test
  • BAD-Gary is having stroke symptoms; GOOD-we're able to catch it early and hopefully prevent something more serious
I'll be back later...once things are headed back on track! It's all good baby...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what happen dawg?



d-dawg