I absolutely love it when my mom (a.k.a. Kita) calls me up out of the blue and asks if Michael is available for her to 'borrow' for the day. I mean really, what parent wouldn't want a call like that?! And after the day I had with him yesterday, oh boy, there was light at the end of my tunnel. Yesterday is a long story, but it involves a poop explosion (in the car, of course) and Michael hitting a complete stranger on the top of her head/shoulder when I took away his movie while at the doctors office. There were many, many, many apologies to the lady, who kindly said "no worries" after her loud gasp of surprise from being hit from behind (which matched my gasp of horror)...oh the complete mortification of it all, the reprimanding of Michael, my deep breathing and counting to 100, his looooong time out when we got home. That phone call from my mom was indeed my lifesaver for this week.
I'm so glad the ugly days are so few and far between, because last night and this morning it was nothing but love.
Thanks mom. Really. Thanks a TON! I hope you two have a great time at The Wilds...he loves his adventures with you. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment